Just sharing one of my wellness habits. Almost two years ago, I went off of coffee and switched to drinking Matcha. Why? Caffeine from coffee was giving me too much of a jolt and not enough sustained energy. Matcha on the other hand has always been my favorite since the days I lived in Japan. From the first time I tried it in a tea ceremony, I was hooked. I love the flavor and the great focus I get from it.
Now, I can easily find good, quality matcha (my new favorite) imported from Japan, and I make myself a cup or two everyday. Once in awhile, I'll have a cappuccino, but those cravings are mostly gone and my mind feels more focused and less stressed when I drink tea. Here is how you can do it too below.
My morning matcha drink:
- One mug or ceramic tumbler, or if you want to go fancy use a Japanese chawan
- 1 tsp matcha, run the powder through a tea sieve if you've got one
- Add a tiny little bit of hot (never boiling) water and whisk (an electric whisk works) well, until you get a little foam
- Add in 1/2 cup or so of hot water. Swirl a little and drink.
- Optional:1 tsp of thick coconut cream (I take a can of organic coconut milk, put it in the fridge for a few hours, then the cream comes to the top and you can skim that off and use it for your matcha).
Try matcha some time and see if it changes your world a little.